Clerestory is proud to release its self-titled, first CD recording, a compilation of the best of our live performances from our first two seasons beginning in 2006.
Discs are available for purchase by clicking at the left sidebar and at all our live performances. Price is $10 per disc. For an additional $5, we will ship up to three discs anywhere in the United States. For purchases of four discs or more, shipping to any one address is free.
We’re proud of the eco-design of our CD jacket, with thanks to our friends at Oasis Disc Manufacturing. This “green wallet” design features 100% certified green forestry practices paper board and a minimum of 10% post-consumer recycled content. All inks are vegetable based. Packaging is plastic-free and fully recyclable.
To save paper, weight, space, and costs, we have made all texts, translations, and notes on the music available online. Please click here for liner notes, texts, and translations. Enjoy!
Recording Engineer: John Bischoff
Mastering: Scott Barta, Pacific Soundcraft, Milpitas, CA
Graphic Design: Tim Warner, Clerestory Design, San Francisco, CA
CD Production: Oasis Disc Manufacturing (www.oasiscd.com)
- Nolo Mortem Peccatoris – Thomas Morley (c.1557-1602)
- La déploration de la mort de Johannes Ockeghem – Josquin des Prez (c.1450-1521)
- Missa da Requiem: Introitus – Claudin de Sermisy (c.1490-1562)
- Plorate Filii Israel – Giacomo Carissimi (1605-1674)
- Bushes & Briars – Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872-1958)
- El Grillo – Josquin des Prez (c.1450-1521)
- Agnus Dei (from Mass for 5 Voices) – William Byrd (1543-1623)
- Linden Lea – Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872-1958)
- Sweet Honey-Sucking Bees – John Wilbye (1574-1638)
- The Blue Bird – Charles Villiers Stanford (1852-1924)
- O How Much More – Paul Crabtree (2000)
- Riches d’amour – Guillaume de Machaut (c.1300-1377)
- Las! Je Me Plains – Claudin de Sermisy (c.1490-1562)
- My Sweetheart’s Like Venus – Arr. Gustav Holst
- Nowell Syng We – Anonymous
- Hail Mary, Full of Grace – Anonymous English
- Hymn to the Virgin – Benjamin Britten (1913-1976)
- Behold the Lamb – Jesse Antin (2001)
- Gloucestershire Wassail – Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872-1958)
- Come Where My Love Lies Dreaming – Stephen Foster (1826-1864)
- Greenwich – Daniel Read (1757-1836)
- The Vacant Chair – George F. Root (1820-1895)
- Sure On This Shining Night – Samuel Barber, arr. Jesse Antin
- Johnson Boys – John King Carter (2004)